You are the club’s accountant. You manage the club’s finances, submitting payments as approved by the executive committee and depositing dues and other club revenues. You are also in charge of submitting membership renewal dues to World Headquarters (accompanied by the names of renewing members), filing necessary tax documents, and keeping timely, accurate, up-to-date financial records for the club. Though the treasurer’s duties are usually not the most demanding of all the club leadership positions, the consequences for members can be serious when they are not completed accurately and on time. Clubs often combine the Treasurer role with the Secretary.
Manage Club Finances
- Your overarching duty is processing membership dues.
- Most members will pay for dues via credit card, which can be processed on Toastmasters International’s Submit Payment page.
- That said, some members prefer other methods of payment:
- Our club website has the ability to accept Stripe payments (e.g., Google Pay, Apple Pay, Alipay, WeChat, etc.) through the Toastmasters Dues Schedule and Application Form.
- In addition, we have a club PayPal account with the link paypal.me/TragicomedyTM.
- We also have a club Venmo account with the handle @TragicomedyToastmasters.
- If a member prefers to pay with cash or check, you can deposit it into your personal bank account and then pay for their membership with your personal credit card.
- Keep track of everything that goes on at club officer meetings in your minutes.
Handle Financial Inquiries
- You are the club financial wizard; you handle all financial inquires, ranging from potential members to World Headquarters.
- Your partner in crime is the Secretary—work closely with the Secretary to keep the list of paid members up to date on these pages:
- Toastmasters International’s Club Roster
- Tragicomedy Toastmasters’s Member Dues Status
- Identify your successor and help that person become the next Treasurer.
Our current Treasurer is Jay Karthik, DTM. You can email Jay at email@example.com.