Taking on this role provides the opportunity for all at the meeting to actively practice and test their listening skills. The role of the Quizmaster is to listen intently to everything said during the meeting and to create a half-dozen questions to ask the audience. That quiz is intended to measure audience attentiveness.
- At the beginning of the meeting, the Toastmaster explains the Theme and introduces you.
- In a minute or less, explain your role as the Quizmaster according to Guide – Role of the Quizmaster while incorporating both the Toastmaster’s Theme and the Grammarian/Ah-Counter’s Word of the Day.
- During the meeting, your role is to create a quiz of six questions based on what anyone says.
- Try to stump everyone!
- At the end of the meeting, the Toastmaster calls on you to give your quiz in a minute or less:
- Sometimes there will be time for only two or three questions—plan for that scenario by ranking your favorite questions.
- Again, incorporate both the Toastmaster’s Theme and the Grammarian/Ah-Counter’s Word of the Day.
- Congratulate anyone who gets an answer right!